Sunday, May 27, 2012

Glitter Queens May Blog Hop Day 1



Good morning PaperCrafters,

Welcome to Day 1 of our May Glitter Queens Blog Hop! I'm so glad you have stopped by for a visit. As always there will be many fabulous inspiring projects to get your creative juices flowing.

If you have arrived from Dawn's Blog, your in the right place but if you get lost along the way I have a list of the hoppers and links to their blogs at the bottom of this post.

For today's post I have a couple of cards for Fathers Day, for the most part I find masculine cards difficult, and I'm thinking I'm not alone as there is not alot of manly cards out there to draw inspiration from, but I am pleased with the results of my attempt, lol.

I used a new stamp set, that will be available in the new SU IBC, June 1, I love this set! the images could be used for feminine or masculine projects, various occasions or for a vintage look, so cool, I also used some of our new DSP available in a few days, it kind of reminds me of argyle socks, lol.


I wanted the frame to have a two-tone quality so I stamped it twice then layered them together, the pine trees are from a Christmas set , I guess I think pine trees are manly, lol, the Dad is made from letters from another set, I stamped it a few times and cut out the letters I wanted, for the front and the inside.

For my second card I drew my inspiration from my step-dad, he is retired and an avid golfer, so I cut out a golfing green shape added the flag, I used the pennant parade set to make the flag then used markers to write the #1 on it, my hole puncher made the golf ball :) The CS is from our new color collection. 


It's simple and fast to create but has manly written all over it, lol.

Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoy yourself for the rest of your journey.....but before you move on become a follower of my blog if your not already and leave a comment to get your name in the drawing for my Blog Candy!!!!  I'll announce the winner on Thursday! Be sure to stop by tomorrow, I have more new projects to share :~)

Now on to the fabulous, fun,  Jennifer's Blog......wonder what she's got up her sleeve :) Happy Hopping!



 
 In case you get lost here are all the hoppers :)

Dawn                  www.dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com

 Tamara Gadberry    www.papercraftingstamper.blogspot.com--You are here

Jennifer Kay               http://txjennywren.blogspot.com   

Jan Mougel                 http://www.bearycreativecrafts.blogspot.com

Dee Slater                 http://createwithdee.typepad.com

Bridgett Owens             www.stampingwithbridgett.blogspot.com

Deirdra Williamson         http://theplainsstamper.blogspot.com

Judy Johnson              www.scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com   

Anji Pearson Clements       http://alteredscraps.com

10 comments:

  1. I really like your father's day cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the golf card! Very cute ideas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards! Very nice. thanks!
    Kristie
    thisday at ne dot rr dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great Father's Day Cards Tami. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great father's day cards! I love the golf one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love the golf card. Happy Memorial Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Father's Day cards. The new DSP looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for heading up this blog hop! I enjoyed both of your cards but I especially love the golfing one. I am eager to see what you share next! :)
    Hugs,
    Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too have a more difficult time with masculine cards (I want to put ribbon and glitter on everything), but these are both great

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your guy cards. Fantastic job. TFS

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for Papercraftingstamper